[Fingerforce-devel] 0.4 release soon?

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Sun Nov 25 20:14:25 UTC 2007

Hi Miguel!

Please don't Cc: me, I read the list.

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 18:16:21 +0100, Miguel Gea Milvaques wrote:
> En/na Luca Capello ha escrit:
>> FWIW, my plan is to package the next release and then set up a
>> migration path towards fprint.  This is easily manageable especially
>> because ThinkFinger has never entered unstable, but it sits in
>> experimental since the first upload.  So my idea is to avoid shipping
>> ThinkFinger in lenny (the next stable Debian release) and focus on
>> fprint instead.
>
> We must be careful with fprint license.
[...]
> I've been testing fprint and it works really nice!, It should be a
> really good idea to get into Debian. The ITP now is owned by
> Fingerfore list mail [2]. I didn't upload yet to svn because I have
> big doubts about legal distribution of NBIS code.

Actually, since Derek was already working on fprint in Debian I haven't
tested it yet (quite busy with other Debian work and RL).  But it's on
my list, as soon as the new ThinkFinger version will be in experimental.

> On the other hand, Radek Bartoň
> <https://alioth.debian.org/users/blackhex2-guest/> is doing a really
> good work on fvs, improving it. It's working in fingerforce alioth
> svn, so we can see the changes. If It was not possible distribute NBIS
> software, we always could use fvs to substitute it.

Well, whichever general solution will be in Debian, it'll replace
ThinkFinger ;-)

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca