[ minicom-Bugs-300077 ] Minicom fails to initialize serial port

noreply@alioth.debian.org noreply@alioth.debian.org
Mon, 04 Aug 2003 21:14:11 +0200

Bugs item #300077, was opened at 2003-08-04 21:14
You can respond by visiting:
http://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100031&aid=300077&group_id=31

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I;m using minicom to attach to an embedded system's
serial port via a null modem connection.  By initial
connection, once I set the serial port to /dev/ttyS0,
spped to 9600, and no hardware flow control works fine.
 If I do this everytime when I connect everything is
still fine.

If I save the configuration and invoke minicom nothing
happens.  If I delete the configuration file and go
back to the above, I can get it to communicate?

I upgraded to the latest minicom and no matter what is
has the second behavior; i.e. won't communicate.

The system is a RedHat 8.0 system will all of the
patches applied:

garand:$ uname -a
Linux garand.zero-origin.com 2.4.20-19.8smp #1 SMP Tue
Jul 15 15:01:43 EDT 2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Any clues?

Thanks,

Jeff Andre