[ minicom-Bugs-300086 ] script.c incorrectly identifies syntax errors?

noreply@alioth.debian.org noreply@alioth.debian.org
Sat, 27 Sep 2003 19:42:45 +0200

Bugs item #300086, was opened at 2003-08-15 19:49
You can respond by visiting:
http://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100031&aid=300086&group_id=31

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I am using a script to program a network device.  The
script is just a series of expect { } send " "
combinations.

The send " " actually appears on one line in the
script.

***
This combination fails with the error "(word contains
ESC or quote)"

expect {
        $
}
send "create ethernet intf ifname eth-0 ip
192.168.1.254 mask 255.255.255.0 inside"

This combination is successful but unfortunately does
not mean the same thing to the network device:

expect {
        $
}
send "create ethernet intf ifname eth-0 ip
192.168.1.254 mask 255.255.255.0"

The only difference is the word "inside"
***

This combination fails with "(word contains ESC or
quote)" as well:

expect {
        $
}
send "create ppp security ifname ppp-0 pap login cpe-
user6@domain.net passwd abc123"

I am running mincom-2.1 from the freebsd ports on
FreeBSD 4.8 Stable.