minicom sending "UN^G" to serial line

Joshua Colson jcolson@giant.com
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:40:09 -0700

--=-od+Vc9s8BUJDeij3LQ6y

Hello all,

  I don't know if I'm posting to the correct list (and if not, please
let me know where I should post this). I've been using minicom for a
while and it was working great. Then some period of time passed and when
I ran it again it works, but sends "UN^G" (thats uppercase 'UN' and the
ASCII BEL) to the serial connection about once per second. I've scoured
the internet for what might be causing this but I'm unable to figure it
out. I'm sure it is something simple. If anyone can help me figure out
what my problem is I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks in advance.

Joshua Colson
Systems Administrator
Giant Industries, Inc.