[ minicom-Bugs-300881 ] wishlist: Dialing directory import/export feature

noreply@alioth.debian.org noreply@alioth.debian.org
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 04:44:39 -0600

Bugs item #300881, was opened at 2004-08-13 04:44
You can respond by visiting:
http://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100031&aid=300881&group_id=30018

Category: None
Group: wishlist

Initial Comment:
I would absolutely love to be able to import and export (via an external program) between the dialing directory and a plain text file. I keep a rather large phone number database in mysql and it would be nice to (after extracting that data from mysql, sorting it, and saving it to a text file) to be able to automatically import it into a minicom dialing directory file.

Something really simple like:

$ mdialdir -i numbers.txt -o .dialdir

where numbers.txt might look something like this:

Work            800-555-1212
NY Office       212-555-4001
Chicago Office  312-555-8270

assuming the delimeter between the first column and the second column is a tab.

If I were anything close to a C programmer, I'd do this myself as it seems relatively simple. But alas, C is not a skill of mine. :(

Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this.

Roy