Issues on Fedora Core 6 with minicom

Jeff Sadowski jeff.sadowski at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 22:20:07 UTC 2007

I don't know when the last time was minicom was working properly but I
remember in the past it working correctly.
It seems to work just fine using it with stuff at 9600 8n1 but higher
rates seem to have issues.
I have a number of switches that I use that require a faster rate.
I'm useing FC6

kernel 2.6.20-1.2944.fc6
glibc glibc-2.5-10.fc6
glib glib-1.2.10-26.fc6
glib2 glib2-2.12.9-1.fc6

ldd /usr/bin/minicom
        linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0x00e7f000)
        libncurses.so.5 => /usr/lib/libncurses.so.5 (0x0071c000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x00c4a000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x00db2000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x00c2d000)

I cleared all the connect strings

When I start minicom I can see stuff from the device but can not send to it.
Not untill I open another program called cutecom and send something
with it first.
after I send something with cutecom then I can use minicom.

I suspect some sort of change in ioctl and it not initializing correctly.