[minicom-Bugs][312388] Compilation error

minicom-bugs at alioth.debian.org minicom-bugs at alioth.debian.org
Tue Mar 9 20:09:17 UTC 2010

Bugs item #312388, was changed at 2010-03-08 12:57 by Adam Lackorzynski
You can respond by visiting:
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100031&aid=312388&group_id=30018

Category: None
Group: None
Resolution: None

Initial Comment:
Hello,

I've downloaded minicom 2.4 and compile it but an error occured during the compilation:

Making all in src
dial.c: In function ‘horiz_draw’:
dial.c:1269: attention : champ de précision should have type ‘int’, but argument 3 has type ‘size_t’
window.c:28:21: erreur: termcap.h : Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type (file not found)

So I installed the package which contains /usr/include/termcap.h and after that I got another error:

In file included from port.h:39,
                 from minicom.c:37:
/usr/include/ncurses/termcap.h:65: erreur: conflicting types for ‘tgetent’
/usr/include/termcap.h:43: note: previous declaration of ‘tgetent’ was here
/usr/include/ncurses/termcap.h:68: erreur: conflicting types for ‘tputs’
/usr/include/termcap.h:53: note: previous declaration of ‘tputs’ was here

I fixed this error by changing the port.h file:

#ifdef HAVE_TERMCAP_H
#  include <termcap.h>
#else
#ifdef HAVE_NCURSES_TERMCAP_H
#  include <ncurses/termcap.h>
#endif
#endif

becomes

#ifdef HAVE_TERMCAP_H
#  include <termcap.h>
#endif

Date: 2010-03-09 21:09

Message:
What is lib64termcap-devel useful for? Looks to me that both libraries do the same. Does it work if you deinstall lib64termcap-devel?

Comment By: Vincent DEBOUT (deboutv-guest)
Date: 2010-03-09 13:06

Message:
Hi,

This is Mandriva 2010.0 and I installed the following packages:

- lib64ncurses-devel 5.7-3.20090516.1mdv2010.0
- lib64termcap-devel 2.0.8-48mdv2010.0

Comment By: Adam Lackorzynski (al-guest)
Date: 2010-03-09 12:06

Message:
Hi,

which distribution are you using? And which packages related to termcap.h do you have installed?

Thx