[minicom-Bugs][314541] Naming conflict of runscript with OpenRC

minicom-bugs at alioth.debian.org minicom-bugs at alioth.debian.org
Thu Dec 12 05:07:41 UTC 2013

minicom-Bugs item #314541, was opened at 2013-12-12 05:07 by Benda Xu
You can respond by visiting:
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100031&aid=314541&group_id=30018

Category: None
Group: None
Resolution: None

Initial Comment:
Dear developers,

I am a user of minicom for 7 years, thanks a lot for the nice tool.

Recently I am envolved in packaging of OpenRC[1], which has a binary /sbin/runscript serving as a shebang of all initscripts. The binary has the same name as /usr/bin/runscript shipped with minicom.

The upstream of OpenRC evaluated that thanks to the shebang nature, changing the location of or renaming /sbin/runscript would break all the existing initscripts of OpenRC, which is tedious to cope with.

We are interested in the opinion of minicom group on the possiblity of renaming /usr/bin/runscript to something else, or other solutions that may exist.

Cheers,
Benda

1. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=684396