[minicom-Bugs][314595] minicom tarball not available for download without registration (and not even with registration)

minicom-bugs at alioth.debian.org minicom-bugs at alioth.debian.org
Wed Feb 5 07:53:10 UTC 2014

minicom-Bugs item #314595 was changed at 2014-02-05 08:53 by Adam Lackorzynski
You can respond by visiting:
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100031&aid=314595&group_id=30018

Category: None
Group: None
Resolution: None

Initial Comment:
Hi,
Following the download link on AliothDebian.org for minicom 2.7 tarball will request for a username a password, which I think that is not the desired behavior.
Anonymous downloads should be allowed.

See attachment for details. Please note that it doesn't work even if logged in into the system.

This breaks the build system for the minicom app in case of Yocto Project, which downloads tarballs from the internet.

I assume that this is an issue with Alioth website, however, I don't see any other mean of reporting this kind of issues.

Regards,
Cristian

Date: 2014-02-05 08:53

Message:
Hi,

yes, there's a problem and I'm out of options too (tried any option on the configuration I could see). Will need help on that too. Will hopefully get fixed.

Adam