[Neurodebian-users] ants package

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Thu Mar 16 01:51:22 UTC 2017

On Wed, 15 Mar 2017, Redwan Maatoug wrote:

> Hi all,

> I would like to download the package named 'ants' but it does not seem
> available in the neurodebian server.
> On Ubuntu 16.04, I have used the  command line : sudo apt-get ants
> And I received the following message in the terminal :

> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Package ants is not available, but is referred to by another package.
> This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
> is only available from another source
> E: Package 'ants' has no installation candidate

> Does-it mean that I should download ants from the official website ?
> Thank you for your help,
> Redwan

Ok -- now that we can blame you responsible for such a crime to
neuroimaging if anything goes wrong (I had no feedback yet either
this bleeding edge snapshot is too bleedy), I have uploaded
2.1.0+git715-ge56f961-1 version to all recent ubuntu/debian's so your
16.04 would get it too.

Previous version/snapshots didn't build on 16.04 thus you were having
none available when e.g. 16.10 had   2.1.0-4.3ubuntu1 straight from
ubuntu:
http://neuro.debian.net/pkgs/ants.html?highlight=ants

If you (or anyone else on the list) have had experience with ants
before and could compare previous version of ANTs with this snapshot --
would be appreciated if you share your findings.

Enjoy and cheers,
--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Center for Open Neuroscience     http://centerforopenneuroscience.org