[Neurodebian-users] NeuroDebian initial boot problem

Bram Callewaert bram.callewaert at kuleuven.be
Tue Aug 11 12:12:47 BST 2020

Dear all,

I installed NeuroDebian (8.0.0; 64 bit) on my windows PC using the Oracle VM virtual Machine (Virtual Box 6.1) , but I am having problems with the inital booting.

I followed the installation steps on: https://neuro.debian.net/vm.html#chap-vm
After completing the set up I tried to start the virtual machine. A window pops up showing the boot process. Then following text appears on the screen:

  Fsck from util-linux 2.25.2
  /dev/sda1: recovering journal
  /dev/sda1: clean, 87152/2498560 files, 641636/9985200 blocks

  *   “

Then the text dissapears and only the – remains (flashing) on the screen.

I tried to restart the virtual machine, the computer, adjust the memory settings, ..., but I am not getting past this point.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

Thank you in advance!

Bram