[Nut-upsdev] Ellipse ASR-Model Report Descriptor tree

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 09:42:07 UTC 2005

Salut Patrick,

2005/12/9, Patrick Agrain <patrick.agrain at alcatel.fr>:

> Hi all
>
> Arnaud,
> Some newly purchased Ellipse ASR-model UPS find their way to my office for
> a first evaluation test.
> It concerns the Ellipse 1500 and Ellipse 1000 models.
>
> As you know we are still working with hidups.

think seriously about the newhidups switch. I'll definitly kill hidups by
the 2.2 release (this lets you some time ;-)

Peripheral recognition, start of NUT, mains short interruptions management,
> all that work fine... as expected ;-)
>
> But changes occured on the delayed shutdown procedure after the generation
> of the FSD message.
>
> The USB analyzer shows :
> - that the UPS_WAKEDELAY (0x840056) and UPS_GRACEDELAY (0x840057) pages
> were linked to another Report ID as for previous Ellipse model.
> ---> This is problably normal. I think these models have another mapping.

yep,  the PowerSummary HID collection has now been standardised, which means
that you can now hard code the ReportID for all new USB models).
IIRC, the previous ReportID should have been used, but I might be wrong!

- that the programmed value was 0 ( not foreseen ) instead of those written
> in hidups.h . Therefore, the UPS cut off the power supply as soon as
> programmed.

strange as there is no DelayBefore* objects redundancy (ie on Outlet) which
would lead to that kind of problem.
Moreover, I've made another test with newhidups, and everything works as
expected. Do you have some debug trace for this?

For the moment, I would more tend to a conversion issue, but only the trace
of the sent frame can confirm it.

Is a report descriptor tree available anywhere, just to be sure we are
> pointing to the right Report ID ?
> For information, previous Ellipse model have their descriptor tree shown
> in
> an MGE document ref. 34003616ZA.
>
> Is such a document also available for the new ASR model ?

I've not had time to update this doc (nor to make it more useful than it is)
but I'll check for this too.

Following the receival of the above info, I'll check with the ASR team.

Amitiés de Grenoble ;-)