[Nut-upsdev] newhidups, ups.status after short power interrupt

Alfred Ganz alfred-ganz+nut at agci.com
Tue Oct 4 00:44:49 UTC 2005

Gentlemen,

This is probably for Arnaud, since he has already addressed a somewhat
similar problem.

I am running newhidups from the development tree (actually everything
is from there). However, I have observed the same problem with a 2.0.2
system as well. Here is what I observe:
* upsc shows the ups.status: is "OL"
* there is a very short interruption of power
* upsc shows the ups.status: is now "OL DISCHRG", and it stays that way
  until there is some other event.
Unfortunately I am not able to do the upsc any faster, and so I don't
know if ups.status: actually changed to "OB DISCHRG" sometime before
going to "OL DISCHRG".

I also encountered a second problem, this one I don't remember seeing
under 2.0.2. It goes like this:
* upsc shows the ups.status: is "OL"
* there is a longer interruption of power, but not long enough to cause
  a shutdown
* upsc shows the ups.status: as "OL CHRG", with battery.charge: less
  than 100
* but even after battery.charge: is back to 100 for a very long time,
  upsc shows the ups.status: as "OL CHRG"

These are minor problems, but it would be nice if they could be fixed.
I would be glad to run some other tests if it helps in identifying the
problems, but someone would have to tell me what to try.

Thanks, AG

   Alfred Ganz					alfred-ganz at agci.com
   AG Consulting, Inc.				(203) 624-9667
   440 Prospect Street # 11