[Nut-upsdev] serial/USB-over-HID layer for fentonups

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 12:46:33 UTC 2005

On 10/5/05, Pierre-Yves AILLET <pierreyves.aillet at free.fr> wrote:
> Selon Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>:
>
> > Technically, this isn't a HID UPS, it's just a serial UPS with a silly
> > USB-to-serial converter in front of it.
[...]

> So, my question is, could this be the same UDB-HID to RS232 Interface but using
> the same protocol as in fentonups ?

More than likely. I hadn't looked at energizerups before you mentioned this.

Ideally, fentonups would work like this:

[core fentonups code] <--+--> [serial code]

                         +--> [USB-to-serial code]

and the USB-to-serial code could be shared by other UPS drivers such
as fentonups, as needed.

--
- Charles Lepple