[Nut-upsdev] Re: [resend] Re: [resend] [patch] driver for Eltek

Kirill Smelkov kirr at mns.spb.ru
Tue Oct 11 05:16:16 UTC 2005

10 Октябрь 2005 23:12, Arnaud Quette написал:
> 2005/10/10, Kirill Smelkov <kirr at mns.spb.ru>:
> > 9 Октябрь 2005 21:43, Peter Selinger написал:
> > >
> > > There should be no such status flag as "High Battery". NUT simply uses
> > > the absence of "LB" to indicate this state.
> > Ok, maybe you are right.
> >
> > Although in my ups there are 3 states:
> >
> > LB -- low battery
> > HB -- high battery
> > ?? -- normal battery (?? = NB)
> >
> > Maybe it is worth extending status semantic?
> - we already have LB
> - normal battery is represented by the absence of LB/RB
> - HB should stand for OL+battery.charge=100 isn't it?!
I think "High Battery" is not "Normal Battery"
The doc i have says:

Battery voltage status
=============

0:  normal
1:  low battery
2:  high battery

Do you see?

> You should better add support for battery.charge. Your ups supports
> battery.{current, temperature,...} so it really should support it, and the
> status extension is not needed at all.
I would be *very happy* to do that, but AL175 *lacks* support for
battery.charge!

We even contacted local Eltek representative to clarify the case -- tha answer
was "it is not supported".

I will be *very happy* to be proven wrong!

--
	Всего хорошего, Кирилл.