[Nut-upsdev] megatec over USB - using Andrey Lelikov's approach

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 15:37:43 CET 2006

On 12/31/06, Arjen de Korte <arjen at de-korte.org> wrote:
> Alexander I. Gordeev wrote:
>
> > Well, thank you for comments! If I understand right I should modify
> > Andrey's megatec_usb.c API to conform to one defined in serial.h and
> > then at link time select over serial.o and serial_usb.o (or usb.o)?
>
> I would prefer to name this serial_usb.o, since it is basically a serial
> protocol over an USB interface.

It would probably be best to leave the file with a
manufacturer-specific name until someone actually gets around to
merging all of the serial-over-USB routines.

We already have a nut_usb.c which contains Powerware-specific
functions, but I don't think that's a good precedent.

Not to be too pessimistic, but if there are not enough spare UPSes (of
a given brand) that can be used for testing, then making the routines
more generic probably won't happen any time soon. I am all in favor of
the concept, though.

--
- Charles Lepple