[Nut-upsdev] NUT shutdown on 'building alarm' (

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at telia.com
Sat Jun 3 07:26:38 UTC 2006

Hi Bruce.

fre 2006-06-02 klockan 16:44 -0500 skrev Bruce Allen:
> My main question still stands. Do I need to modify the bcmxcp driver so
> that a building alarm can be used to shut down the systems?  Or can this
> be done with the 'stock' components?
>
> Cheers,
>  	Bruce

Yes it should be possible to change the driver so it sends OB LB on
building larm. But the code would be overkill on a smaller ups.

Look at the code on line 988 to 998 an you see that we take the LB
from alarm map if it exist's.

So it would be simple to check BCMXCP_ALARM_BUILDING_ALARM_1 that is
declared on line 225.

The alarm should be seen by the driver. You may check by
starting the driver in debug mode

./bcmxcp -DD -u nut -a upsname

(Where upsname is the tag in ups.conf)

Now you get a list and a Y or N after supported alarms and statuses.

I think it would be better to make the upsmon handle alarms.
Then the code is in one place and drivers that support alarms should
support sending them.

The time has been limited for me to work on the driver. It should
support 3-phase info by now and some other fixes, but it's in the pipe.

Regards
Kjell