[Nut-upsdev] Serial PnP for NUT?

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Mon Mar 13 13:41:04 UTC 2006

Arnaud Quette schreef:

> So, to conclude, I would prefer to give the necessary information
> about UPS and PnP (ID string for UPS supporting PnP (ie [2] for MGE),
> doc reference, ...), so that external apps can use these. We can
> possibly give some code (ie ripping [1]), but not including PnP code
> in drivers...

Agreed. Then the only thing is to create a cross reference of PnP
identifiers and drivers. Should we add this to the driver compatibility
list?

> Arnaud
> --
> [1] http://cvs.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gi/tools/serial_probe/

Note that this tool will (rightfully) discard a PnP answer if the CRC is
incorrect. The only UPS on hand that blurped out something which looked
like a PnP string, has a bad CRC. Now if it only would be a little more
verbose (even in debug mode, it isn't really) about what is going on,
that would have saved me a couple of hours searching for what went
wrong... :-)