[Nut-upsdev] minor building issues (svn HEAD revision 427)

Mike Patterson mpatters at cs.uwaterloo.ca
Fri May 19 20:53:36 UTC 2006

Charles Lepple wrote on 5/19/06 12:26 PM:
> On 5/19/06, Mike Patterson <mpatters at cs.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
>> ld: fatal: symbol `setenv' is multiply-defined:
>>         (file ../common/setenv.o type=FUNC; file
>> /software/netsnmp-5.3/lib/libnetsnmp.a(system.o) type=FUNC);
>> ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to snmp-ups
>
> Can you check and see if your version of netsnmp documents their setenv
> call?

Hm.  If it does, we don't appear to have the manpage that mentions it,
which is odd - our maintainer says she got the source from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/net-snmp/, and I'd thought that was a
fairly mature package.  I'm going to be heading home fairly shortly (or
at least to a local pub :-) ) but I'll see if I can poke at it some more
this weekend.

> Depending on whether the netsnmp setenv is the same or not, we might
> be able to just make a quick adjustment to the configure script. If it
> is the same, then we just won't use common/setenv.o when netsnmp is
> present.

OK, thanks.

Any thoughts on the problem with make depend that I ran into?  It just
sounds like something missing in a Makefile.in somewhere maybe?

Mike

--
Go away, I'm all right.  - H.G. Wells' last words.