[Nut-upsdev] minor building issues (svn HEAD revision 427)

Mike Patterson mpatters at cs.uwaterloo.ca
Tue May 23 16:52:27 UTC 2006

Charles Lepple wrote on 5/20/06 10:10 AM:
> They may be defining setenv for the same reason NUT is - to add a
> function that the OS left out - and so it isn't really part of the
> package proper.

Ah, fair enough.  Thanks (and to Niels as well).

> I will look at the autoconf stuff later to see if there is an easy way
> to try and use netsnmp's setenv call (since it looks like the standard
> one, from a quick glance at snmplib/system.c).

Sure, if I have some time in the next couple of days I'll look too,
although I'm no autoconf expert.

What about just renaming the function though?  There's just the
definition and three calls to it in a single source file.  I patched
mine to be nut_setenv for the time being, seems to work ok (modulo a
build from the latest sources dumps core on me on Solaris 8, unsure why
- previous checkout from about a month ago doesn't).  Works great on my
Linux box though.

> Peter Selinger did some work with 'make depend', so I will defer to him
> on that.

OK, thanks again.

Mike

--
Carelessly planned projects take three times longer to complete than
expected. Carefully planned projects take four times longer to complete