[Nut-upsdev] RE Basic Question

Arnaud QUETTE Arnaud.QUETTE at mgeups.com
Mon May 29 06:56:22 UTC 2006

Hi Kaarl,

> I work with APC SmartUPS which we use for the PrePass (Truck signaling
and weigh station bypass system) system in > order to power our remote
cabinets.  We can access our SmartUPS 420s (mostly) from a UnixWare 2
computer that > has Ethernet communications to a serial comm server
(Iolan) using a "cu" command:
> cu i_ups.  That gets me to the command line of the UPS.
>
> I can then enter the single character commands you list on your
excellent webpage:
> http://www.networkupstools.org/protocols/apcsmart.html under the section

> The Smart Protocol.
> I doubt that your software supports this setup, (we are starting to
install Linux Red Hat 9 boxes. you probably
>  support that?)  One simple thing I would really like to do is update
the Battery Change Date and the Ident Code.

> Can you tell me what the command is to do that?

as you might have noticed, I'm working for MGE and I reserve my
@mgeups.com
mail address for MGE customers.
Anyway, I don't have any APC knownledges, and there is nothing more about
APC than what has been reverse engineered by our developers and
contributors
as APC hasn't helped us at all.

So if you find any more information, don't hesitate to post (if not
protected
by some kind of NDA) on the nut list as it might be useful to NUT
developers.

Arnaud Quette