[Nut-upsdev] External Devices

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Thu Nov 30 02:29:12 CET 2006

> I'm new to the list, and would like to make a contribution to nut.

Contributions are always welcome.

> Nut does a superb job of monitoring the UPS(s) that power servers, but
> your server may want to monitor other UPSs as well.

This configuration is mentioned in the reference configurations in the
documentation. Or at least, used to be mentioned (I can't check this right
now).

> You may have a SAN attached
> disk array and want to monitor its UPS(s) in order to shutdown yourself
> before the disk dies and you lose data. There may be other devices as well
> that would cause you to want to shutdown before they lose power.
> To this end I have added the EXTMON and EXTMINSUPPLIES directives to nut.

> EXTMINSUPPLIES <devicename> <value>
>
> This allows you to say which UPSs supply my disk array and how many
> supplies it needs.

Like Charles already mentioned, where is this different from specifying
MINSUPPLIES and the proper slaves for NUT like we have now?

Regards, Arjen
--
Eindhoven - The Netherlands