[Nut-upsdev] 'Testing' branch will supercede 'Stable' in SVN

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 15:22:05 UTC 2006

Folks,

When we migrated from CVS to SVN, we brought along both the Testing
and Stable branches. However, since SVN allows us to create a snapshot
of an entire branch for a release, the Stable branch is somwhat
redundant (since we would have to do an extra 'svn merge' to put
changes there).

After discussing this with Arnaud, and noting that nothing has been
committed to 'Stable' since the SVN migration, I plan to delete the
'Stable' branch. Changes which have been tested on the trunk (or by
users in the field) will still be committed to 'Testing', and when
'Testing' is ready for release, it will be tagged in tags/v2.0.x

As always, the repository keeps a record of old directories and files
which have been deleted, so if you do need to see something from
'Stable', just point your SVN client to revision 335 or earlier.

Questions or comments?

--
- Charles Lepple