[Nut-upsdev] Red Hat Enterprise 3 build

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Mon Apr 9 20:08:15 UTC 2007

Yes, definitely update automake, and also autoconf, libtool etc.
Automake 1.6.3 was released on 28-Jul-2002, so it is not current in
any tangible sense. See

http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/automake/

It is reasonable for NUT to not try to be backward compatible with old
automake versions, because automake only needs to be run by
developers, not by end users.

-- Peter