[Nut-upsdev] suspend to ram

n xellos at bluebottle.com
Wed Aug 15 10:04:29 UTC 2007

hello
i think i found a bug i wanted nut to suspend to ram instead of powering off so i made a script that runs the commands but i ran into a problem i changed the shutdown command in upsmon.conf to my suspend script and i tested with upsmon -c fsd everything worked fine system went into suspend and i woke it backup by pressing the power button, now here is where i noticed some problems first one is that upsmon shuts it self down when fsd is called so i thought i would just add a command in my scipt to restart it after it comes out of suspend  this worked but for some reason as soon as upsmon starts up it broadcasts a message and system goes into suspend again (it would just keep looping if i kept waking it) im not sure what causes the loop since there is no killpower flag, i think something from upsd is telling upsmon to powerdown but im not sure, i tried adding rm /tmp/killpower before upsmon is restarted but that didnt help,

i found a quick fix by restarting the driver , upsd , then starting upsmon is there a better way to make it go into suspend or am i doing something wrong?

thanks

Get a free email account with anti spam protection.
http://www.bluebottle.com/tag/2