[Nut-upsdev] bcmxcp - patch for power cycling individual outlets/load segments

Kjell Claesson kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se
Mon Jul 9 20:23:31 UTC 2007

Hi Oliver,
Den Monday 09 July 2007 18.41.10 skrev Oliver Wilcock:
> Also works if you want to shutdown one segment/outlet early in the power
> failure.  It should stay off until utility power returns and then apply
> the configured delay - although I haven't tested this aspect.

The patch is in the trunk. Had to patch by hand as I'm not used to the
format in your diff.

Had some plans to implement this, but my plan was to read the standard ID
block, and check that the ups had some outlet block.

If it had the outlet block I would read the outlet monitoring block (cmd
0x41).

In that block I can get numbers of outlets, the current state and also
the auto delay on and off values.

In that way it would only be enabled on ups'es with load block's.

Also get some more from the extended limits block to set up the values for
the horn status, voltage, temp alarm, voltage high and low, settings and then
use the config command to make it possible to alter some settings in the ups.

The problem is the time and a ups with load block's.

If you have time and would like to contribute to make a better driver, I can
give you some more info.

Regards
Kjell