[Nut-upsdev] RE hp r/t2200 and NUT

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 11:05:59 UTC 2007

Hi Linas,

first, please keep the list cc'ed.

2007/6/4, Linas <linas at sapnas.net>:
> Hello,
>
> > did you have time to test newhidups?
>
> sorry for the delay. Yes, I did.. and it doesn't work for me :(
>
> # upsdrvctl -D start
> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.0.5
> Starting UPS: hp
> Network UPS Tools: 0.28 USB communication driver 0.28 - core 0.30
> (2.0.5)
>
> No matching HID UPS found
> Driver failed to start (exit status=1)
>
> ------
> [hp]
>   driver = newhidups
>   port = auto
>   desc = "HP R/T2200"
>
> any ideas?

yep, I forgot the device claiming which implies to have the USB
VendorID and ProductID.
please, give us these back. You can obtain these using lsusb for example.
Then, to test the support for your unit, simply use:
newhidups -DDD  -u root -x explore -x vendorid=XXXX auto

completing the XXXX for vendorid with your specific entry.
Note that you can also put the above in ups.conf. For more info, refer
to the manpage

This will allows us to add this to the supported list of devices in
newhidups / usbhid-ups.

Thanks again,