[Nut-upsdev] Re: [nut-commits] svn commit r831 - in trunk: .

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Sat Mar 3 20:48:53 CET 2007

Charles Lepple wrote:

>> If this is the case (and I'll take your word it), why do we recommend to
>> let the NUT user own both the statepath and the serial port it connects
>> to (if any) in the INSTALL file? We probably should change this as well.
>
> Hm, hadn't checked INSTALL recently.
>
> from 2.0.5 on Debian:
>
> $ ls -ld /var/run/nut
> drwxrwx--- 2 root nut 168 2007-02-05 20:48 /var/run/nut/

I kind of expected that. Do you have a chance to look at the permissions
for serial ports as well?

> Since the state socket is created with owner "nut", there's not much
> we can do there.

I doubt if that would have any merit if it would have been possible.

> But you're probably right about updating INSTALL.

I prepared something already, I'll just wait for a confirmation that we
really should change the ownership on the serial port(s) to root:ups as
well.