[Nut-upsdev] Re: [nut-commits] svn commit r879 - in trunk: . drivers

Julius Malkiewicz jpmalkiewicz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 03:40:03 CET 2007

Hi Arnaud,

> more generally, and as told previously, don't hesitate to integrate
> the new sec driver, merging support for gamatronic, into the trunk.
> it's a development tree, so don't be shy if your work isn't yet finished ;)

 I'm just about ready to commit a large change to the gamatronic/sec
driver, but first, a question about order:

   The plan is to retire the 'gamatronic' driver in favour of a new
sec driver, based on the current gamatronic one, with significant
changes to bring it up to full compliance with the SEC spec.  I'm not
sure how to order this change - I see that I can first commit my
changes to the current gamatronic driver, and then rename it to the
sec  driver - or I can rename first, then apply my changes.  I'd
prefer the first option (as it means least amount of work for greatest
effect) ... but perhaps others would like to see the second option, as
it does give a 'clean break' to the line of development - but does
mean more work for me in the short-term (work that I'll need to do
eventually, regardless of order :)).

What the preference?  I'm guessing from previous email(s) that it is
to put a sec driver in, leave gamatronic alone, and then retire
gamatronic once the sec has matured, right?

 - Julius