[Nut-upsdev] USB support for Sweex 1000 VA UPS (was: Help with

Peter van Valderen p.v.valderen at probu.nl
Sun May 20 19:53:06 UTC 2007

Hello Peter,

> the Kebo device, as well as yours, are very likely not HID devices,
> which means they do not confirm to the USB HID standard. Therefore,
> they are not supported (and probably never will be) by the newhidups /
> usbhid-ups driver. It's not that we don't want to support this device;
> rather, we have been unable so far to figure out what protocol it's
> speaking.
>
> Probably the only way to find out is to use a driver supplied by the
> vendor, typically for Windows, and try to snoop on what it is doing.

Alright, I guess that makes sense, not the best of news then...

I'd figure out the protocol myself, but I'm just not at that level of
programming yet...

One last thing I'd like to mention which might be relevant, the
drivers that are supplied with the UPS for Windows are from richcomm,
I don't know if that makes any difference.

Also, if anyone is interested, I'd be willing to make a VM with the
UPS plugged into it with remote desktop enabled so someone more
knowledgeable about these things than me can try and work it out.

Thanks for the help so far!

Regards,

Peter van Valderen