[Nut-upsdev] release?

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Wed May 23 20:59:32 UTC 2007

Hi there,

thanks to Peter for launching this thread.

2007/5/22, Peter Selinger <selinger at mathstat.dal.ca>:
> Hi developers,
>
> I would like to propose making a release soon from the current NUT
> trunk. There have been a lot of important changes since 2.0.5: new
> drivers added/refined (e.g. megatec_usb); the switch to Automake; the
> renaming of newhidups to usbhid-ups; automatic installation of
> hotplugging files; IPv6 support; improvements to the tripplite_usb
> driver; improvements to the gamatronic driver; memory leaks and other
> bugs fixed; improvements to the powerpanel driver; etc.
>
> I know we are all waiting for the ominous 2.2.0 mega-super-rewrite,

I've talked about it to Charles just before going on holidays last week.
I've realized that the last major milestone (2.0) is more than 2 years old!
2.2 is overdue considering the features list, would no more waste our
development time in backports, and most of all would help our users.

so let's clean a bit the beast and meet again in a week for a testing release.