[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r915 - in trunk: . drivers

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Thu May 24 09:21:01 UTC 2007

2007/5/24, Kjell Claesson <kjell.claesson at epost.tidanet.se>:
> Den Thursday 24 May 2007 02.39.16 skrev Arjen de Korte:
> Yes I know, that's why I on the 15't May sent the mail 'Build error' to the
> list.
> 8<------------------------snip----------------------------------
> > > bcmxcp.c:(.text+0x2f78): undefined reference to `alarm_commit'
> > > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > > make[3]: *** [hald-addon-bcmxcp_usb] Error 1
> >
> But got no response to this make error.
> As a new release is on it's way, I did it the hard way. If no one read my mail
> (May depend on that it was UTF-8 and content base64 ;-( )
> they may at least check the build bot.
>
> I hade some requests to enable this, and need it to be tested before release
> on some more upses. Work on 5115 and 3105.
>
> > I already took care of that in r916 by adding empty functions. This will
> > probably render the HAL version of this driver useless, but at least it
> > won't break compilation of the others. Since I have no idea how this HAL
> > stuff works, I'm not sure whether we can just copy these functions from
> > drivers/dstate.c or not. Volunteers?

thanks for your actions on this point Arjen.
empty protos are fine, at least for the moment.
and sorry to Kjell... holidays, holidays, holly days ;-)
I will now do the same as in Debian, and announce officially my
vacation on -devel.

btw, the HAL bridge is simple: instead of feeding the dstate socket,
we translate the data into the current HAL format [1], using the
dstate_* functions.

the remaining points are the settings / instant commands handling,
along with the alarm_*() functions. For the moment, data are fed back
to HAL, viewable through gnome-power-manager, and the system can
shutdown. But the poweroff / shutoff is missing.
since it's not a mainline feature, I'll consider the completion for
2.2.x releases...

Finally, I encourage all USB developers to give a try to this. I will
soon become an important feature for our users.

-- Arnaud
[1] http://people.freedesktop.org/~david/hal-spec/hal-spec.html#device-properties-battery