[Nut-upsdev] support for newer mustek powermust model 06da:0003

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Sun Nov 25 10:04:43 UTC 2007

> I have several "Mustek Powermust" UPS devices at work. The older ones
> have product:vendor of 0665:5161 and work with
>
> [myups]
>         driver = megatec_usb
>         port = auto
>
> The newer models have product:vendor 06da:0003 and don't seem to work
> with this driver.

[...]

> How should this be done "properly" without forking any drivers and
> duplicating code?

The 'megatec_usb' subdriver has been modified in the trunk. It now will
correctly read 6 or 8 reports (or any other number). Hardcoding this was a
mistake, since this will be handled automatically if you leave it up to
the 'libusb' interfacing library (which we do now). Regarding masking out
the 'C\r' and 'I\r' command, could you just try this out again with the
development version from the trunk, with debugging enabled?

    <path>/megatec_usb -DDDDD -x vendorid=06da -x productid=0003 -x
subdriver=agiler -a <upsname>

I will add the 'vendorid' and 'productid' to the subdriver later today,
since it seems that we're close to making this work. The remaining
problems appear to be minor.

Eindhoven - The Netherlands