[Nut-upsdev] nut + usb + udev with kernel 2.6.22

Gilad Arnold arnold at cs.berkeley.edu
Wed Oct 3 21:12:51 UTC 2007

On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 09:53:52PM +0400, Vamp wrote:
> I think, Gilad Arnold's solution is best if we need only
> /dev/bus/usb/xxx/xxx and do not need hiddev and endpoints. My solution
> adjusts permissions of all devices.

I agree. There is also a solution in between that actually enumerates
the cases for hiddevs and endpoints, instead of passing anything with
SUBSYSTEM=="usb*" through. I'm not sure if there's a good reason, and I
don't know if hiddevs/endpoints need to be matched against the nut rules
(I'm far from expert on this).

Gilad