[Nut-upsdev] bye!

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 09:03:06 UTC 2007

Dear Peter,

2007/9/8, Peter Selinger <selinger at mathstat.dal.ca>:
> Dear fellow NUT developers,
>
> after almost exactly two years as a NUT developer, I have concluded
> that this would be a good time to retire from active development.
>
> The project is in good shape, and the driver I was most involved with
> (usbhid-ups) is in better condition than ever, due to the excellent
> recent work of Arjen de Korte.
>
> Having already scaled back my activity for the last 6 months, I still
> find the daily mailing list traffic a lot to handle.  So as of today,
> I have disactivated my active membership of the mailing lists (I am
> still subscribed for posting, but not for receipt).
>
> Of course, I will still be available to help, where I can, with
> specific questions about my drivers (belkinunv, usbhid-ups) or the
> configure/automake system. But such mails will have to be cc'd to me
> directly from now on, as I will no longer receive the list postings.
>
> Thanks to everyone for the great team spirit that has made this such
> an enjoyable project to work on!

That makes me really sad on one hand, but you already stayed far
longer than you announced first.
So thanks for all the fishes, your many contributions to NUT and your
help in building the NUT team and revitalizing the project in general.
We will miss you Peter.

But on the other hand, that's quite understandable, and it makes me
really happy for you.
Have fun with your family, and give us some news from time to time.

Cheers,
Ubuntu Media Center (UMC) Project Leader - https://launchpad.net/~umc-team