[Nut-upsdev] usbhid-ups: shutdown testing needed

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Sat Sep 15 19:23:30 UTC 2007

To people with APC, CyberPower, Belkin and TrippLite UPS'es and using
the 'usbhid-ups' driver.

There are some concerns that the usbhid-ups driver is not acting as it
is supposed to do. Could you run the following command (as root and with
the mains plugged) and check if the UPS powers back on automatically?

	upsmon -c fsd

I think we should *not* release nut-2.2.1 if we're not confident that
the above is working as it should. I'm fairly certain that the subdriver
shutdown() function in all except the MGE subdriver is broken at the moment.