[Nut-upsdev] hald-addon-usbhid-ups

Alfred Ganz alfred-ganz+nut at agci.com
Wed Aug 20 15:04:31 UTC 2008

Arjen,

	No, it is due to the fact that you can run either 'usbhid-ups' *or*
	'hald-addon-usbhid-ups', but not concurrently. Apparently you missed the
	'packaging' part in 'docs/nut-hal.txt' that mentions:

	    "The HAL support in NUT must currently be packaged separatly (ie in a
	     specific nut-hal package) and must conflict with the classic nut
	     packages."
You are correct, I have let myself be totally misled by the Fedora
packaging, which I followed. It not only packages the hal-addons in
one package with all the other drivers. In addition, if an appropriate
UPS is present, the proper hal-addon will automatically be configured
and started with any restart of the haldaemon. Using the same UPS in
the conventional way requires disabling this behavior in addition to
setting up the old style configuration files.

And there is was looking forward to playing with Arnaud's new stuff
while relying on the old standby at the same time!

Thanks for your response, AG

   Alfred Ganz					alfred-ganz:at:agci.com
   AG Consulting, Inc.				(203) 624-9667
   440 Prospect Street # 11