[Nut-upsdev] oneac driver patch

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 16:32:04 UTC 2008

On Jan 2, 2008 4:38 PM, Jacob Schmier <j.schmier at live.com> wrote:

> In order to get the Oneac UPS (models ON700XAU, ON1000XAU, ON1500XAU) to
> work with NUT, I had to make a few minor modifications to the oneac driver.
> I've attached a patch with all the modifications.  I tried to ensure that my
> modifications would not break any existing functionality, but I could not be
> sure without a legacy Oneac UPS to test against.

Understood. Have you been in contact with the previous contributors to
the driver? They may still have the legacy equipment to test with.

> In my investigation, I found out that the ONEAC Serial Interface scans
> (http://www.networkupstools.org/protocols/oneac.html) are a bit out of date
> and only partially supported.  I stumbled upon the information I used to
> make the modifications while analyzing the RS-232 communication between the
> Oneac UPS and MopUPS (trial software downloaded from
> http://connectivity.chloridepower.com/).  I only made the modifications
> necessary to get the driver to satisfy my immediate needs.  A lot more data
> is available from the UPS and the driver can be improved upon further if
> someone has the ambition and necessary equipment.

Do you happen to have any spare UPSes that you can test with, or is
everything going into production soon?

If nobody has any other objections, I don't see why we can't apply
this patch to the trunk.

--
- Charles Lepple