[Nut-upsdev] megatec_usb not detecting UPS

Jan Bakuwel jan.bakuwel at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 13:03:30 UTC 2008

Hi Arnaud,

> possibly due to the NUT version difference.
> You should be running a patched 2.2.1 on HH and a 2.0.4 on Etch.
> iirc, there was a fix for your problem. So your best chance is to get
> a backport for Etch...

I have compiled the version of megatec_usb (1.5.9) that comes with the
source of nut 2.2.1 from Debian Testing on Etch... (driver only;
backporting nut 2.2.1 looked a bit daunting not knowing the code (it
didn't compile)). The megatec_usb driver did compile & run OK though on
Etch (apart from timing out rather quickly on USB messages). Ubuntu
Hardy also uses the same version driver (1.5.9)... the driver works fine
on Hardy.

I have a feeling might be USB subsystem related? Guess the USB subsystem
from Etch is different from the one on Hardy... would appreciate some
help in further debugging the issue.

Jan

--

----
"It is an illusion to think that we are free to apply our increasing