[Nut-upsdev] anybody familiar with these init(?) sequences?

AE sysadmin ae.tech.i at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 13:07:17 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am unable to monitor my RS232S connected device with
any of the monitors I have tried - either splitting COM1 or
sharing it results in device side timeouts.

I did not test the device from NUT as it is not supported officially
anyway and as I want to do my best to make sure that I am
doing things cleanly.

The init sequences that the Windows based monitoring app is
sending are the following:

51 31 0d
51 31 0d
51 31 0d
51 31 0d

43 46 0d
43 46 0d
43 46 0d
43 46 0d

Quick grep on NUT src did not show anything comprehensible
for me. Maybe anyone of you had seen these numbers before?

(yes, I know, the device product name is missing in my mail).

Would be grateful for any pointers.

Vova