[Nut-upsdev] UPS gracefull restart

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Tue May 20 14:07:13 UTC 2008

> I'm just looking at the code of snmp-ups driver in the source tree.
> I'm trying to find out, what can I change in the code to force the
> snmp-ups driver to send shutdown command to the upsd to shutdown the
> computer when I set up on the UPS via telnet that it should restart
> gracefully.

The 'upsd' server sits between (in your case) the snmp-ups driver and
(usually) upsmon client. The latter will shutdown the system if it sees
that the UPS is both reporting On Battery (OB) and Low Battery (LB) or
when the Force ShutDown (FSD) flag is set. Since drivers should *never*
set the FSD flag directly, your only option here is to make the snmp-ups
driver reports both OB and LB. Any clients attached should respond to this
by shutting down.

Eindhoven - The Netherlands