[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r1557 - trunk

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 14:32:48 UTC 2008

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 6:07 AM, Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org> wrote:
> Citeren Arnaud Quette <aquette.dev at gmail.com>:
>
>> Author: aquette
>> Date: Sat Nov 15 22:47:26 2008
>> New Revision: 1557
>>
>> Log:
>> GNU libtool update
>>
>> Modified:
>>   trunk/ChangeLog
>>   trunk/configure.in
>>   trunk/ltmain.sh
>
> I think 'ltmain.sh' is a generated file (at least, I hope it is), this
> change severely broke compilation here. I had to add '--force' to my
> autoreconf line to make this compile again. In the process, it
> re-created quite a couple of other files, so I don't think we should
> distribute these either:
>
>        config.guess
>        config.sub
>        depcomp
>        install-sh
>        ltmain.sh
>        missing
>
> It also modified the INSTALL file, but I have my doubts that we really
> want that (maybe the information in it should be moved to another
> file). Can someone more familiar with libtool comment on this?

With GNU software, the INSTALL file is typically boilerplate
information on how to invoke the ./configure script. Not sure if
there's a way around that.

We should distribute the other files you mentioned, but only in a
tarball, not in SVN. That should be handled automatically in 'make
dist'. It is annoying that the autoconf/autotools authors do not
provide a list of generated files, though.

--
- Charles Lepple