[Nut-upsdev] Opening the 2.4 commit fest (USB file stuff)

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 09:00:51 UTC 2008

2008/11/17 Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>:
> On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 10:05 PM, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I wanted to do so, but refrained myself because of the Perl depends...
>>> that's why I've put it in the dist target.
>>
>> Hmm, I'm not sure the tools directory is getting built.
>>
>> However, if someone is building from SVN, they need auto*, which means
>> they need Perl.
>
> Ah, we are running 'make distcheck(-light)' in Buildbot, versus 'make dist'.
>
> Still, I think we should make this part of the normal build procedure
> (or at least 'make distcheck'), but we can use 'make dist' to
> distribute the USB files on the off-chance that someone doesn't have
> Perl installed when they build from a tarball. (We aren't depending on
> a specific version of Perl, so it's not an outrageous dependency.)
>
> Otherwise, nobody will ever test this.

well, the aim is not to test this, but to have up to date USB data
upon dist release.
but, you're right about the perl deps, and I'm fine with generating
this along with autoreconf or distcheck or whatever suits you.

cheers,
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - MGE Office Protection Systems - http://www.mgeops.com