[Nut-upsdev] Battery Volts shown as 20+ on Cyber Power UPS CP1000AVRLCD

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Fri Nov 28 10:36:20 UTC 2008

Citeren "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com>:

> Thinking through it (not wise when you aren't sure exactly what you are
> thinking through), I decided it to start nut as normal, kill the running
> instance of usbhid-ups and then start the new -DD instance with sudo -u upsd
> usbhid-ups -DD -a nirvana_ups, and it looks like I still get the same output.

Well, I told you to "kill any existing instances of the 'usbhid-ups'
driver." This can usually be done by stopping NUT, but you really want
to be sure that none is running (otherwise the drivers will battle for
control over the UPS, which isn't a pretty sight in debug mode). So
you may want to run something like

	ps aux|grep usbhid-ups

to find any remaining drivers left running in the background.

I completely missed the fact that you're still running an older
version of NUT. Upgrading to nut-2.2.2 would be really helpful (since
we rearranged some debug levels since nut-2.2.0). If that's not an
option, we'll have to crank up the debug level to -DDDDD (yup, that's
five D's) in order not to miss anything. You may also want to append
'2>&1' to the command line, so that we don't miss the output from the
stderr (it looks like some is missing now).

Please keep list traffic on the list