[Nut-upsdev] nut_check_os.m4

Arnaud Quette aquette.dev at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 08:54:11 UTC 2009

Hi Charles,

2009/1/4 Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com>

> In m4/nut_check_os.m4, there is the following section:
>
>         # FIXME
>         if test -z "$dist_cv_build_flavor" ; then
>             dist_cv_build_flavor=$(dist_get_flavor "$(${CC-cc}
> $CFLAGS -v 2>&1 | grep 'gcc version')")
>         fi
>
> There is no dist_get_flavor command on OS X (or other systems, I
> suspect) so I am wondering if it is OK to just redirect stderr to /
> dev/null?

uh, good catch! I've renamed the dist_get_flavor to os_get_name
seems I've missed some update.
I've attached the base of this work (dist.m4, extracted from the OpenSS7
project).
Note that the CVS repos. access is limited:
http://www.openss7.org/cvsarchive.html

Also, is there a good way to disable this file until we actually need
> it?

currently, NUT_CHECK_OS is called at the top of configure.in
but it's only informational and not mandatory at all (it was more to do
something with the m4 macro while waiting for an actual use...)

cheers,
-- Arnaud