[Nut-upsdev] Problems with nut on new openSuSE 11.1 (same ecstasy_ups)

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Wed Jan 14 09:38:59 UTC 2009

Citeren "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com>:

> # Package provides driver for USB HID UPSes, but people can live
> with hal addon:
> Enhances: %(set -x ; echo %{QUOTE}%{USBDRIVERS}%{QUOTE} | sed -n
> s/^HALD-ADDON-USBHID-UPS=//p | tr '%{BACKSLASH}n' ' ')
> # Package provides the only avalailable driver for other USB UPSes:
> Supplements: %(set -x ; echo %{QUOTE}%{USBDRIVERS}%{QUOTE} | sed
> '/^HALD-ADDON-USBHID-UPS=/d;s/^.*=//' | tr '%{BACKSLASH}n' ' ')

I really have no idea what the above is supposed to do. On my
development system, I removed all these lines which seemed to have no
bad side effect.

> I would like to build the rpms if possible. Do you have any pointers?

Please contact the person who wrote this .spec file. We no longer
provide .spec files for exactly this kind of problem. It is impossible
for us to keep track of all the packaging stuff that is added to adapt
NUT to a specific distribution.

Furthermore, it doesn't make sense fixing this on your end, if this
isn't fixed upstream as well.

Please keep list traffic on the list