[Nut-upsdev] about nut revision 1289

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Mon Jun 8 18:38:26 UTC 2009

Citeren Alexander Gordeev <lasaine op lvk.cs.msu.su>:

>> But in the remote case those lines really do something, removing them
>> will at most cause some glitches in some single model that only one
>> person has. So I guess if they are causing problems with megatec_usb
>> (and USB models are much more popular nowadays), it is better to just
>> remove them.
>
> Thanks!
> So I'll remove them and we'll see if anyone complains. :)

I hereby do (and also exercise my authority of Prime NUT Senior
Lieutenant to enforce this... :-)

1) What functionality is there in megatec_usb that isn't also present
in blazer_usb? Remember that the first is scheduled to be replaced by
the latter in the future.

2) If the above isn't feasible for now, consider reworking the megatec
driver to be split in an interface independent core driver and two
subdrivers that handle the serial and USB commnunication respectively.
Something along the lines of the blazer core and blazer-ser and
blazer-usb subdrivers. By doing so, you cleanly separate these
interfaces, while keeping the common stuff neatly packages in one place.

Please keep list traffic on the list