[Nut-upsdev] shut down smart ups with snmp protocol

mbedyn Gazeta.pl mbedyn at gazeta.pl
Tue Jun 9 13:29:28 UTC 2009

2009/6/9 Arjen de Korte <nut+devel at de-korte.org <nut%2Bdevel at de-korte.org>>

> Citeren "mbedyn Gazeta.pl" <mbedyn at gazeta.pl>:
>
>> hello.. is it possible to shut down APC Smart UPS with SNMP protocol?
>>

> It supposedly is.
>
>  I got a message that is not possible with current driver...
>>
>> *monk:/etc/nut# upsdrvctl shutdown rm700
>> Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.2.2
>> Network UPS Tools - Multi-MIBS SNMP UPS driver 0.421 (2.2.2)
>> Warning: This is an experimental driver.
>> Some features may not function correctly.
>>
>> Detected Smart-UPS 700 RM on host 192.168.3.8 (mib: apcc 1.1)
>> Initiating UPS shutdown
>> shutdown not supported
>> Driver failed to start (exit status=1)*
>>

> See 'man 8 snmp-ups'.

I have read docs... and it stays that

This driver has been tagged experimental, even if it has been  reported
to  be stable. Thus it is not suitable for production systems and it is
not built by default. This is mainly due to  the  fact  that  there  is
still no proper upsdrv_shutdown() function implemented !

Maybe there is somebody who has done this before with this driver...

regards
Michael