[Nut-upsdev] [nut-commits] svn commit r1817 - in trunk: . data

Arjen de Korte nut+devel at de-korte.org
Mon Mar 23 20:07:15 UTC 2009

Citeren Kjell Claesson <keyson-guest op alioth.debian.org>:

> Author: keyson-guest
> Date: Mon Mar 23 17:37:37 2009
> New Revision: 1817
>
> Log:
> data/driver.list, add Eaton Powerware 9130 compatibility with bcmxcp
> and usbhid-ups.

1) Is this really true? I would have expected that this device would
be supported through bcmxcp (serial) and bcmxcp_usb (USB), like other
Powerware (now Eaton) devices. I'm actually surprised that one unit
does support such vastly different protocols (but I have been
surprised before).

2) If it indeed is a HID PDC UPS, what are the VID:PID that it uses?
Just adding it to the list may not work if we don't already use this
combination for another device. In any case, I would to see the report
descriptor and initial variable dump, to see what level of support we
can expect from it (I 'collect' report descriptors for verifying the
hidparser and libhid code).

Please keep list traffic on the list