[Nut-upsdev] MGE NMC and NutShutdownModule (and other stuff)

Marco Chiappero marco at absence.it
Thu Nov 5 18:44:55 UTC 2009

Arjen de Korte ha scritto:
> Citeren Marco Chiappero <marco at absence.it>:
>
>> I like it! I'm waiting for news :)
>
> I just committed a 'clone-outlet' driver and a first shot of the
> integrated NSM client in the netxml-ups driver. Have fun!

Thanks! I hope to have a try tomorrow :)
In the meanwhile I'm having a really quick look at the code
and there is a small issue in the upsdrv_updateinfo:
the alarm parsing code is fine as long as you have a single message at
time in the socket buffer "buf", but if the NMC sends burst of messages
the ne_xml_parse function will read only the first one (because after
that sees more objects without a parent. BTW it's the same reason why we
need to parse differently the subscription reply, there is no root
element). Maybe my code was a little bit obscure about it.
And the netxml_get_page(subdriver->summary) should be called before
parsing alarms (let's suppose we used the test button, the BelowCapacity
flag is read, set and soon after cleared).

>> I'm pleased we had this long chat, thank you! :)
>
> Likewise. Your example code really helped in figuring out how the NSM
> client mode works and how it could be integrated in the netxml-ups
> driver. Especially the ne_sock_* functions were an eye opener to me (the
> documentation for the neon library is pretty thin).

I'm happy that the code helped a bit :)

Best regards,
Marco